Image Map

The Dress at the End of the Tunnel

Sunday, December 8, 2013

One of the greatest feelings for me (being a shopaholic and all) is finally being able to nab a dress that I thought I'd never be able to have because it was much too expensive and just out of my reach. Modcloth's Cabin Fever and Last Hurrah sales are perfect for scooping up my most loved items but I need to shop all year round! What's a girl to do? Ebay is typically my solution but when there's something specific I need, something that I'm lusting madly for, I wait for something I love to hit the regular Modcloth sale page and attack with 20% off coupons (courtesy of my Modcloth catalog!)

I even remember when I first saw the dress. It was this past Easter. I was bonding with my boyfriend's sister, who I was meeting for the first time. We were hitting it off pretty well. She was a model and into fashion naturally and seemed happy that I was into fashion too. Unfortunately, I lost her as soon as I showed her the Modcloth homepage. I guess not everyone shares my fashion sense. She thought it was too "hipster-ish" (NOOOOO!) Since I had Modcloth pulled up anyways, I surfed the New Arrivals and there it was. This beauty. I knew I had to make it mine.

modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia product shot, close up photos, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric
I love this dress in person even more. I ordered the size 4 because they were out of 6s and it was a good call. It has plenty of stretch. I just love the shimmery fabric! Also, this was another photo session where I was doing the pictures alone on my tripod. I also forgot to pop the flash up completely. Oopsie. I tried to make it better by sharpening all the pics in PicMonkey but I don't know if that really helped.

modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger, Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel
modcloth.com, Modcloth dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, button details, pink and silver striped, 1950s style, 50s inspired, A-line skirt, fit and flare, retro, vintage, cherry red, shimmer fabric, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blogger

Sitting dead pan in front of a camera by yourself is pretty awkward. And so is doing close ups of fabric. You should see the out takes!

modcloth.com, Modcloth Dress, Slant Rhyme Dress, Petrunia brand, pink and silver stripes, shimmer fabric, large button detail, cherry red, pink gemstone teardrop earrings, Suzanne Amlin
Rampage Mariska heel, beige and coral shoes, Strike a Prose Heel, modcloth.com, Modcloth shoes, Ruche shoes, shopruche.com shoes

Outfit Details
Dress  - Slant Rhyme Dress - Modcloth - on sale currently for $114.99 (at last check, there was one left in a size 2!!!)
Earrings - purchased at the hair shop where my Aunt Susie works

The dress is also available in black, but I'm not sure I dig it as much. The stripes are wider and well... I just like pink better! Plus, this pink is so dreamy. It's kind of cherry coloured and just perfect. The black version looks like it belongs in a Tim Burton film. Not that I have anything against that, just that pink is more my scene.

Petrunia dress, black and white version of Slant Rhyme dress, fit and flare dress, 1950s style dress, 50s inspired dress, Sleepy Hollow fashion, Tim Burton fashion
Overall, I'm so stoked that I went for this dress when I did. I went to Petrunia's website and they only sell to retailers. Plus, they listed their stockists and all they had listed were boutiques! They didn't even list any online retailers. I wouldn't be surprised if Modcloth were the only online store that carries them.
If you'd like to see all my best looks from the season, check out my wardrobe wrap up post!

That's all for me! Time to go stalk my next purchase. Talk soon!
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. So rad that after all that time waiting you got your dream dress and it looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous!!! I love that you can recall where and when you spotted this splendidly pretty frock for the first time. It's incredible, isn't it, how deeply ingrained in our minds many of our fashion related memories are, isn't it?

    Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderfully lovely comment on my vintage gift guide post,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Agreed, I like it considerably more in red as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My fashion memory is super sharp! I can remember where I bought everything and for how much, what I was wearing for every occasion (even minor little things) and yes, when I first spotted something and fell in love. I even remember every thing I got outbid on on ebay and the things that "weren't meant to be." I think I might be a little crazy because I can watch a movie for 2 hours, try really hard to follow the plot and pay attention and immediately after, someone could ask me what the movie was about and I couldn't tell them. Haha, oh well. I just remember the details better when it comes to certain things.

      Delete